Dry conditions has resulted in Salt Lake City restrictions on this season’s fireworks celebrations. The Fairpark Community is within the area where fireworks will not be permitted this year. Hefty fines will be imposed for violators. Details can be found at the SLC Fire Dept website.
The following list outlines the restrictions as well as fines for violations.
Restrictions on open fires and firework use:
- All areas east of 900 E. including the University of Utah campus.
- All areas north of South Temple
- City Creek Canyon
- East of 300 W., North of Wall Street through Beck Street to the City limit to the north
- All city parks and wildland urban interface areas
- All areas west of Redwood Road
Alternatives to Fireworks
July celebrations can still be enjoyed without fireworks!
Here are some websites that outline alternatives: