Occupation: Project Manager – I work at a design firm downtown called Allen Communication Learning Services. My team creates global training solutions (eLearning, change management programs, classroom and leadership training) for Fortune 100 companies like HP, Nike, LEGO, Macy’s, John Deere, Domino’s, and many others. I love it! I’ve been a project manager for over 10 years and spent much of my career at Morgan Stanley doing the same thing… Project Management for large learning and communications initiatives. Here is a link to my Linked In profile.
My hopes and dreams as a Board member and for Fairpark Community:
- Increase meeting attendance by 25%
- Frequently share information about community events using the website
- Increase our web presence with at least monthly postings on social media
- Have at least 6-8 advertisers in the Gazette
- Build transparency with financials for the rest of the board
- Budget 2016-2017 fiscal year for Gazette publishing
- Streamline the invoicing process for payments and collections
- Build a process that reduces stress of getting the Gazette out in a timely manner
- Have an editable version of the bylaws (not the copied PDF we have now)
Partnership and Participation
- In addition to hearing monthly presentations from police, fire and mayor, I’d love to request specific information and make them work for us more
- Build a directory of businesses within Fairpark boundaries and work with the Westside Business Alliance to get more participation from local businesses
- Door to door campaigns, event attendance (and documentation with pictures), coming prepared with questions, etc.
Other interests/info: I’m a huge TV and movie buff! I saw 35 movies at Sundance last year (in 10 days!) and have been going every year for about 10 years. I go to Comic Con, concerts, farmers market, and other downtown festivals. Over the years, I have remodeled my 1918 bungalow by adding a new roof, electrical, plumbing, brand new kitchen, added a second bathroom, and landscaping. I have 2 cats, Pip and Geoffrey.
Looking forward to working with you all!