Occupation: Project Manager – I work at a design and consulting firm downtown called Allen Communication Learning Services. My team creates custom end-to-end global training solutions (web training, games, apps, change management programs, classroom and leadership training) for Fortune 100 companies like HP, AT&T, Nike, LEGO, Macy’s, John Deere, Domino’s, and many others. I love it! I’ve been a PM for over 15 years and spent much of my career at Morgan Stanley doing the same thing before moving into consulting… I specialize in worldwide rollouts of strategic and comprehensive learning and communications initiatives. Here is a link to my LinkedIn profile.
Education: I hold a Masters of Business Administration from Westminster College with a focus on change management, finance and strategic communications. I also obtained my Bachelors of Science in Marketing and Management from Westminster as well. I hold several designations including Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified SCRUM Master (CSM). I’m a huge overachieving nerd
Affiliations: I sit on the Executive Committee of another non-profit as Treasurer of the Salt Lake Community Network, a group of dedicated Community Leaders, mainly the Chairs or delegates of Salt Lake City Community Councils and other Recognized Community Organizations. I am the founder of the grassroots coalition Restore North Temple which is a citizen-led movement with the goal of bringing the entire west side community together to support the restoration of our Grand Boulevard, North Temple. Lastly, I am a board member of the CDCIP Board for Salt Lake City, appointed by the Mayor representing District 2. In this position, I’m able to advocate for funding recommendations for projects that benefit residents of our area, as well as Salt Lake City as a whole. Professionally, I’m a member of the Project Management Institute.
Interests: Community engagement is my passion. I LOVE living in Fairpark and working with neighbors and business owners to make our neighborhood safe and vibrant. When I’m not volunteering, I love to camp, binge watch my favorite shows, and hang out with my fiancé who is a professor at the University of Utah.
My hopes and dreams as a Board member and for Fairpark Community:
- Increase meeting attendance by 25% with an average of 40 to 50 residents per meeting
- Frequently share information about community events using our website and social media platforms
- Increase our web presence with daily/weekly postings on social media
- Have at least 6-8 advertisers in the Gazette
- Build transparency with financials for the rest of the board
- Budget 2016-2017 fiscal year for Gazette publishing
- Streamline the invoicing process for payments and collections
- Build a process that reduces stress of getting the Gazette out in a timely manner
- Establish an efficient and friendly policy for handling new developments and zoning ordinance issues.
Partnership and Participation
- In addition to hearing monthly presentations from police, fire and mayor, I’d love to request specific information and make them work for us more
- Build a directory of businesses within Fairpark boundaries and partner with the River District Chamber of Commerce to get more participation from local businesses
- Hold door to door canvassing campaigns, promote event attendance (and documentation with pictures), bring value to our residents, etc.
Other information: I’m a huge TV and movie buff! I usually see about 30 movies each year at Sundance (in 10 days!) and have been going every year for about 10 years. I go to Comic Con, concerts, farmers market, and lots of downtown festivals. Over the years, I have remodeled my 1918 bungalow by adding a new roof, electrical, plumbing, brand new kitchen, added a second bathroom, and landscaping. She turns 100 next year! My fiancé and I have 2 cats, Pip and Geoffrey, and 2 dogs, Liza and Geoffrey.